Jeremy M. Colvin
Jeremy M. Colvin
Facsimile (561) 694-0057
11410 N. Jog Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 33418
- Business Litigation
- Trade secrets, restrictive covenants, non-competes, and unfair competition
- Securities Litigation and Arbitration
- Securities Regulation
- Banking Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Labor and Employment litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Architects and Engineers
- Legal Malpractice
- Insurance Agent/Broker Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Surveyor Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Florida Bar, 1998
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1999
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2001
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2007
- Western New England College School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 1998
- Siena College
Bachelor of Arts, English 1995
Honors and Awards:
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Month, Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County – June 2002
- “The Wrongful Act Doctrine: A Common Law Exception to the American Rule on Entitlement to Attorneys’ Fees in Florida,” The Florida Bar Journal, December 2015, at 9.
- “Securities Law Update & Other Hot Topics,” Palm Beach County Bar Association’s “The Changing Landscape of Securities Regulation, Arbitration, and Litigation” April 12, 2017.
- “Arbitration: The Defense Perspective,” University of Miami School of Law Investor Rights Clinic, November 1, 2016.
- Moderator of panel discussion during the Palm Beach County Bar Association Securities Law CLE Committee, April 7, 2016.
- Guest Speaker, “2015 Law Week,” Tradewinds Middle School, Greenacres, Florida 2015.
- “Arbitration: The Defense Perspective,” University of Miami School of Law Investor Rights Clinic, July 2013.
- Group Discussion Leader, Nova Southeastern Professionalism Day Program, August 2007.
- Salmon Electrical, Inc. v. P.B. Davis Construction Co., Inc., In the 15th Judicial Circuit in and for Palm Beach County, Case No. 50-2007 CA 00219XXXXMB
- Rasiklal Nagda, et al. v. New England Securities Corp., et al., NASD Case No. 02-07792
- George G. Neuner and Grace A. Neuner v. Alex Ceron and Wachovia Securities, LLC, FINRA Case No. 07-02321
- Estate of Samuel Saunders and Annette Saunders v. Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. and Peter Mark Bizinkauskas, FINRA Case No. 07-01651
- Harold Wallace Trust v. E*Trade Securities, LLC, FINRA Case No. 08-00107
Jeremy Colvin is an experienced business litigator with over two decades of diverse legal experience. Mr. Colvin has significant experience handling professional liability claims and has defended countless financial advisors/registered representatives, insurance agents and brokers, attorneys, architects, engineers, surveyors, officers, and directors in a multitude of cases over the years. Mr. Colvin has handled a number of cases before the arbitration tribunals of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), including the defense of brokerage firms, registered representatives, and financial advisors in customer disputes involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, fraud, violations of state and federal securities laws, churning, unauthorized trading, over-concentration, and unsuitability. Mr. Colvin has also represented brokerage firms and registered representatives in cases involving employee raiding, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation clauses, wrongful termination, promissory notes, and other employment related disputes. Mr. Colvin has also assisted brokerage firms, registered representatives, and financial advisors in responding to FINRA regulatory inquiries.
Mr. Colvin attended Siena College in Loudonville, NY where he majored in English. While attending Siena College, Mr. Colvin was a member of the school’s Division I Men’s Soccer Team for two years, was a member of the Cross Country, Indoor Track and Outdoor Track Teams for one year, and was a staff reporter for the school’s newspaper, The Promethean. During the summers of 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994, Mr. Colvin served as an intern at Travelers Insurance Company in Hartford, CT.
Mr. Colvin attended Western New England College School of Law in Springfield, MA from 1995 to 1998. While attending law school, Mr. Colvin was a law clerk at the Florida-based, insurance defense firm of Wicker, Smith, Tutan & O’Hara, P.A. during the summers of 1996 and 1997. Upon graduation from law school in 1998, Mr. Colvin accepted a full-time Associate position at Wicker, Smith where his practice concentrated on insurance coverage and premises liability. From 2001 to 2006, Mr. Colvin worked with current fellow partners, Lloyd Schwed and Douglas Kahle, at Kubicki, Draper, P.A. where they handled securities arbitrations/litigation, insurance agent/broker liability cases, disability insurance, cases, and general insurance defense matters. Between 2006 and 2011, Mr. Colvin was a Shareholder at Fowler White Burnett, P.A. where he continued to handle general commercial litigation matters and represented financial institutions, brokerage firms, and financial advisors in various contexts. Prior to joining Schwed Kahle & Kress, P.A., Mr. Colvin was a Member of McDonald Hopkins LLC, a large law firm with offices in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois, from 2011 until 2020.
Mr. Colvin is a prolific writer and lecturer on a variety of legal related topics. Mr. Colvin has been a licensed FINRA Arbitrator since 2010.